Okay, now we know where CNBC stands on pot. I have to give a shout-out to their special Marijuana: By The Numbers. It seems like that for a change the mainstream media decided to take the high road and just tell the facts. Let’s take a quick look at some of the facts.
- If legalized, marijuana would be a $40 billion dollar a year industry. So , who is making that money now?
- 30 million Americans annually consume marijuana. Out of 308.8 million. Meh.
- 14 Medical Marijuana states and De-criminalized in 11 states. Yes, that many.
- State with the most arrest for possession: Maryland – 1 per 10,000 residents.
- State with the largest amount seized: Texas – 1.25 million pounds – Mexican Brick
- State with the highest potential fine: Oklahoma – up to $10,000.
- Cheapest states to get busted in: Alaska and Georgia – no fine.
- State with the most medical patients: Oregon – almost 10% of their total population at 33k.
It goes on and on, but you can get the drift. Stopping by their poll shows that most American are ready for Medical Marijuana (60%). But, only 33% favor legalization for personal use.